How To Transfer Without Iqama?

How To Transfer Without Iqama?

Since the launch of Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030, numerous changes have been implemented to improve the working experience for employees, especially expatriates. These changes have significantly impacted labor regulations, including the process of transferring from one employer to another. In this article, we will explore one specific condition: how to transfer if you have been in Saudi Arabia without an iqama.

If you have been in Saudi Arabia for more than 90 days and your employer has not issued an iqama (residence permit), you can initiate a transfer using your border number. This number is assigned to every individual entering Saudi Arabia. You can easily find your border number on the Absher website or by following the link provided below:

Query Border Number
This is the link to inquire about your border number

Next, you need to obtain the establishment number of your current employer. Once you have both your border number and your employer's establishment number, provide these details to your prospective new employer. The new employer can then issue a temporary work license for you through the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development.

After obtaining the temporary license, the new employer will visit the passport department to issue an iqama for you. The final step involves your new employer completing the transfer process through online services.